LEARN TO LEAD PROJECTS OF ALL SCALE AND ENSURE THEY ARE COMPLETED ON TIME, WITHIN BUDGET AND OF QUALITY
“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!??? ― Benjamin Franklin
Even though you may not carry an official Project Manager title, you may be carrying the heavy responsibilities of one. To be successful in leading projects, you will need a strong fundamental base of knowledge and skills of managing critical aspects of a project such as scope, time, cost and quality. Effective project managers focus a large part of their effort in managing the stakeholders, their commitment and their expectations well so that project goals are realistic and attainable.
Equip yourself with the essentials of how to manage every aspect of a project to achieve schedule, cost and performance objectives, while maintaining the scope of the job. Master the concepts and methods needed to manage resources efficiently to achieve project goals and discover the importance of being proactive and exercising leadership.
This course has been designed to be comprehensive, robust and adopts a universal method of managing projects of all kinds. It has been applied to engineering, IT, construction, biotech, and publishing, advertising industry and marketing projects. You may want to bring in a real project you manage at work and watch how the training can help you integrate project management principles, techniques and tools to help you achieve success.
BENEFITS OF PROGRAMME
- You will learn to develop a project charter and plan, clearly stating goals, identifying sponsors and stakeholders
- You will understand what an effective project management life cycle with decision points, looks like
- You will learn to identify and management critical stakeholders of the project
- You will be able to construct achievable project schedules using various tools
- You will learn to apply the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to develop valid estimates of project resource requirements and costs
- You will learn a framework to identify and manage project risks
- You will pick up tips to monitor and control project status using critical indicators and other methods to eliminate surprises
PROGRAMME OUTLINE (2-days)
Overview of Project Management
Defining your project
Planning Project Strategy
Project Control and Evaluation
Causes of Project Failure
OUR TEACHING METHODOLOGY
- • Research-based teaching
- • Stories and real-life case studies based on your industry
- • Interactive games and activities with debriefs to crystallize learning
- • Easy to use templates to encourage participants to take action after the program
- • Skills practice with exercises that are reflected in daily work and non-work environment
- • Use of case studies that are industry-relevant
- • Practical usage to ensure immediate transfer of knowledge.