HOW TO DEVELOP, COACH AND MANAGE PEOPLE TO MEET YOUR TEAM GOALS
“Rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility.”
~ Peter F. Drucker
To be an effective manager, one needs to be able to translate the organization goals into team goals and further into individual goals, managing them to fruition. The role of the manager is challenging and requires one to juggle management expectations, project deliverables, delegating, team conflicts, individual aspirations, complex decisions, problem solving and more.
The Balanced People Manager program is specially designed to address the knowledge, skills and attitude needed to help newly transitioned managers to gain in-depth understanding of their roles and learn to fully embracing the concepts of achieving results through people. The program will also cover skills of goal-setting, delegating and motivating, managing teams, prioritizing and making decisions, managing low or non-performers and difficult employees, coaching and mentoring skills. Experienced managers will find this program enriching and re-vitalizing, helping them to sharpen their people management skill sets.
BENEFITS OF PROGRAMME
- • You will gain a deeper understanding of the role and responsibilities of a manager
- • You will be aware of your leadership style to will learn to adapt and meet the needs of individual team members
- • You will improve communication to effectively set expectations for yourself and your direct reports
- • You will learn to use effective coaching techniques to maximize your team’s performance
- • You will be able to lead team with team charter and goals to drive high performance
- • You will become smarter and more effective in managing upwards
ACHIEVING RESULTS THROUGH PEOPLE (2 days) : Course Content
Your Role as Manager
Keeping Team Communication Effective
Be the coach
Managing High Performing Team
- • This course has been designed to be practical and fun, reflecting scenarios that are encountered day-to-day at work. Participants will be given the opportunity to practice the skills and gain comfort level in applying the skills learnt.
OUR TEACHING METHODOLOGY
- • Research-based teaching
- • Stories and real-life case studies based on your industry
- • Interactive games and activities with debriefs to crystallize learning
- • Easy to use templates to encourage participants to take action after the program
- • Skills practice with exercises that are reflected in daily work and non-work environment
- • Use of case studies that are industry-relevant
- • Practical usage to ensure immediate transfer of knowledge.